Discover BuddhismFriday night teachings facilitated by Ajahn Sadaro covering the basics of Buddhism and meditation.
Learn Meditation From A Monk
Session will run on the 1st & 3rd Friday of the month @ 7-8pm, the program would be as follows:
- 5 min intro into what meditation is & why you would do it
- 10m minute beginners meditation instruction
- Short talk on “What is Buddhism about?” approx 10 mins
- Open to questions
- 8pm informal tea
Ask A Buddhist Monk Anything
Session will run on the 2nd & 4th Friday of the month @ 7-8pm, the program would involve:
- Informal session where Buddhist monastic tells their journey story and informally answers any questions put to them
- Answer misconceptions or questions about a monk’s life, e.g., what do you do all day, what do you do for a job? Etc. Can also answer Buddhist related questions
Ajahn Sādaro ordained in the forest tradition in Thailand in 2006. After practicing throughout SE Asia, he returned to Australia in 2015 and now currently resides at the Buddhist Society of Victoria’s Buddhaloka vihara in Melbourne.